24/11/2011

The Penelopiad!

My university is doing The Penelopiad for its winter major, and I, E, have been cast in it. It's wonderful; right after A Masque of Mr Punch, I got to do props for As You Like It, and as soon as that show has pretty much wrapped up, I've got this on my plate. Hopefully I'll be able to blog about it, in the spirit of actress Kate Hennig's glorious production-themed blog.



For those of you who aren't familiar with Canadian theatre, The Penelopiad is a play by Margaret Atwood, adapted from her novella of the same name. It follows Penelope, the wife of Ancient Greek hero Odysseus, who left her alone in his kingdom of Ithaca for twenty years while he fought the Trojan War and then took the scenic route coming home (those men, they just can't ask for directions, can they?)

It sounds like a bit of a snoozer, to be sure, but I can assure you it's a pretty interesting read and is bound to be exciting on stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment